1. Brian and I freaked out and decided to get new carpet for our upstairs two days ago and it is being installed today. Um….we have needed carpet for about 8 years, but I didn’t realize what a monumental job that would be clearing out the top floor where we all live to have it replaced.
We don’t like to think through these things….like hmmm….maybe we should touch up the paint, since it looks worse than ever which leads me to number 2 today. I hate to spend the money on carpet and would rather live in a hut and travel and have experiences then spend more on housing….so this for me was put off until my husband couldn’t stand it another minute….and then you know it was time.
2. I decided I would touch up our bedroom paint which is a ice cake blue Martha Stewart color, but that started a chain reaction of the fresh paint looking WAY higher gloss than the original and $100.00 later now I need to bring in a painter to paint the whole room.
Bad luck since I just wanted to touch up some baseboards and a hall in my room that is so scratched up from years of kids.
This is exactly why I don’t do home maintenance anything.
Time, money…lack of skills…it is so frustrating.
We will love the new carpet and I won’t hate to say goodbye to this dog, constructor grade carpet that we have had in our room for nearly 13 years.
3. School started today for Chase. He is a junior and looked dapper in his uniform this morning. Gone are the days of prepping him for his education. He is off to successfully launch with little or no help from me, which made me a little more teary eyed than when I sent him to kindergarten.
The rest of the kids will start after labor day their homeschool program as I need a week to put things together.
4. The travel business has been hot this week and we have been booking people all over the Caribbean and Mexico in all inclusive packages for their school vacation weeks, which has been joyful thing for me.
I always love to plan and book travel and I would do it in my sleep if I could.
5. Our website for Color My World that was hacked is getting worked on right now. My little brother, Glen, who is on our board is helping me load themes and I was lucky to pull together old content the last couple of weeks that makes me thrilled that we might have something together in time to launch our groups.
I guess I am spending next summer in the third world again. I miss it already!
I hate spending hours on this carpet production when my friends have dirt floors. I swear the things we waste time fretting over here is ridiculous but part of this vicious lifestyle we live in America. I am all about living in a hut the rest of my life.
My friend, Gail, who we partner with in Costa Rica, literally lives on $12,000 a year and has a fabulous lifestyle of service and is completely fulfilled.
Her life makes me rethink my priorities and all of our junk in our home.
Pulling out all of these bedrooms for carpet has made me wonder why we live with so much stuff?
Hmmm….think about that today!