I have been in bed nearly a week. I am not sure if it is the flu or common cold. The whole family has a touch of it and it has wiped me completely off radar.
I am hoping to make some recovery this afternoon. I am feeling like the fattest, laziest, up to no good person right now. Lying in bed day after day can do that to you.
I actually had like three days without Noah at home and I was all pumped to get a few things done….not a chance….I just laid on the funeral bed and died.
Today…same thing…throw in a little day light savings into the mix…with it.
Yesterday was a great day…I did manage to make my way to this baptism of a new friend.
His story is so amazing
Meet Mr. Decker…he joined our LDS Facebook page in New England last fall as it appeared in his side bar on FB of a group he may be interested in. It is a group that we moderate for public affairs.
*He never made a comment or a post.
* Several months ago he asked to speak with the moderator! (Me)
* We had several conversations discovering that we grew up in the same town, graduated the same year, he went to Catholic school and I went public. He was shocked my kids go Catholic school etc….conversation continues, friendship begins.
* He proceeds to tell me about his journey to find truth. Two generations ago family quits church, he grows up Catholic. For years he has searched for truth.
* He had met with the missionaries 18 months ago, has an LDS friend at work who answered a lot of questions. We continue
the conversation through a few emails and text. We make some goals!
* He has been reading the Book of Mormon for years…knows more than me.
* I challenge him to meet with the missionaries again.
*Problems arise with a family member…wife recommends church as an option.
* He attends church, missionaries review with him.
* He speaks, shares testimony. Sets baptism date.
* Today, he was baptized. We met for the first time. It was powerful. He is no longer a profile on our group page…he is a real person.
* Wife (very christian) concludes with her own testimony and says she wants to start down the path, she felt the spirit confirm his decision. Totally Amazing
* I cry my guts out more!
* I am overwhelmed with the entire process still and how God is in charge of his work including social media. This is not even my first rodeo with “social media connected baptisms”…but I am still in awe!
I am just so darn happy for him and his family. Great things to come!