1. My jet lag has been beyond belief. I am going to bed at 2:00am, I can’t get on schedule I am exhausted during the day.
I am trying to recover and make some progress since I have been home but I am not doing that well. I found myself calling Brian at 2:00am who was still up on his business trip.
I then turned to Pintrest which I rarely get on and started searching for the perfect recipe for Japanese Okonomiyaki that I was craving. Weird….that is like a cabbage pancacke in Japan. I used to eat them all the time when I lived there, but haven’t had one in years.
2. I started a clean 45 day eating blog to document my journey to lose 20 pounds. This trip inspired me to get in better shape.
Why is it a seperate journal? I don’t know! I felt like being anonymous…wouldn’t you?
But now I don’t after 3 days, I think the accountability is exactly what I need. You are all invited to read…. Here is the link to the blog if you want to follow the journey.
It won’t be that exciting but it doesn’t need to be.
The idea of wearing a size 12 and not getting any skinner only larger year after year has been daunting. I need to do something. I don’t expect to be a 4-6 ever again but an 8 would be great.
The whole thing is pretty rigid but the idea is just to eat clean. It is not to say I am turning Vegan, I am going to have fish on occasion as usual and occasionally I will sneak in some Japanese food. I ate Japanese food for 4 days straight in Kauai. I may have a yogurt on occasion and I rarely eat dairy. I never ate dairy when I lived in Japan. I figure when I go to Southeast Asia in 6 weeks, I won’t be eating dairy or meat anyway…it is taboo for me and I can’t stand the open meat markets and the different body parts that they use. Might as well start now right?
I just need to clean up my skin, reduce the fat on my body, get a little toner and add some energy to my life.
3. Let’s talk about the kids, Hillary is Beijing this week travelling with her group. She also is making a stop in Xian to see the Terracotta Warriors.
We haven’t heard from her for days but we found this photos on instagram.
We love the experience she is having. Her time is going by quickly and is half over. She has 6 more weeks and then we will travel together for three weeks. I will be bringing in the reinforcememts here while we are gone. More on that later.
4. Spring has arrived and I am feeling the need to declutter since I have been home. It is spring and everything seems cluttered. The yard needs a manicure, the walls need a touch up, the kids rooms need to be rehauled.
5. Finally, my cleaning people hate that I homeschool, she just questioned me on if it was good for kids as I was typing this blog? Let’s see, nothing makes me as mad as people questioning how I raise my children. Sure it doesn’t look great as it is 10am and Noah just woke up with jet lag…she doesn’t know he didn’t sleep all night and has been travelling for 4 weeks. But is he learning? You bet. Ok before I start raging I will stop typing…..