Let’s be honest this morning.
1. I hate projects that kids have to do at school.
The invention convention is one of them and science fair is another.
I hate the idea that the parent has to do the project with them, because really no third grader has the capability of putting one of these little inventions together. That is why they are in third grade and not at MIT.
It doesn’t get any better in high school. Chase is building this Arc of the Covenant for the Theology Fair.
I guess you only get Theology Fairs in religious schools. This will be a first for us.
Yet, we need a carpenter to help us on this.
2. When you try to make change you give something up for something better right?
Now that I am trying to be all financially fit and physically fit, I swear I have no free time.
I love to blog, because it is my journal, but squeezing out a few minutes to do it lately…well seems daunting.
I am cooking dinner daily and making lunches and that requires just more kitchen clean up all of the time….and that cuts into other personal things I was doing…not sure what…but I feel limited.
Plus, I feel like I am eating more!
I do like how I am not sitting as much…yet I have yet to see the scale move…probably because I like the food that I am cooking. Trying to find a balance there.
3. We just booked Hillary’s airline tickets out to college…luckily her choices are both in Utah, yet we still have no idea what she is going to do!
Good thing the waiting game is almost over for her…the agony has not been as as bad as I thought it would be, since I feel like whatever she chooses will be the best choice for her. It is a win-win at either school.
The sad thing is that we will have no Wi-fi in Nicaragua when the results come in and she will be enroute to China…so it could be days after the annoucement that we all find out.
4. I am hosting a huge training for church leaders from three states this weekend for church public affairs. I am still undecided what I am going to say during my 45 minute portion of it.
Brian went to great lengths to get this display for us, which is going to be part of our open house season coming up.
He picked up the display in NYC last week while he was on business. We can’t wait to use it.
It is also on display at the Washington DC Temple Visitor Center and is a wonderful attraction.
5. Ugghh…we just did our taxes and the results look good that for the first time in many years we may get a refund! We are not getting too excited yet as we know that it is easy come, easy go most of the time and all of the figures aren’t in. Cross your fingers!