My heart grieves today on nearly the eve of Christmas for a couple of reasons.
1. My friends of many years home burned to the ground last night, we haven’t been in touch for many years, but the husband reached out to me after it happened to see if I could provide some relief to the grieving wife. I am in pain for their loss. I wonder why some have to lose all?
2. Another girlfriend was trying to adopt a child that they have taken care of for the last half of year. The original mother just gained her rights back today. As one mother rejoices, my friend who desperately seeks a child heart is ripped a part as everyone knows the situation for the child at home is . My Elizabeth is also saddened as they were good school friends.
3. Yesterday, I was in a remote area and I watched children begging on the streets with no shoes and nothing but the shirt on their backs.
I wonder why I am so blessed, yet others suffer so much, especially during the holiday season? It made me not want a thing.
4. In the distance, Let’s add that people in Sandy Hook are missing their children and the community still mourns.
5. I still receive multiple updates a week that Hurricane Sandy victims are still powerless, homeless and suffering as there losses are still indescribable.
I wonder how and why? Why do some suffer and others are spared?