Hmmmm schools out today. I am trying to figure out what I might do with the little peeps today. I want to be outside because it is going to be like 70 degrees today. It is Drop dead gorgeous and guess what we deserve it after a couple of big storms that stole the remainder of our fall away.
Here is how the weekend panned out!
Chase’s football team played for the state championship in Plymouth, NH. It was my first trip to the little town north. PHS was our only loss this year and the trend continued.
We were so mad because we got stopped for 1.5 in construction traffic and missed the first half of the game. When do we have traffic in New Hampshire? I get it in the city but not here.
It was a crisp, sunny day which made it just ripe for a football game.
The boys played tough and it was 0-0 up until the last minute. But at 47 seconds they scored to take the championship.
It was definitely a heart breaker but we were excited for Chase and his efforts on the varsity team as a freshman. It was great experience for him to even get playing time this year. We have the huge turkey bowl coming up on Thanksgiving Day where we play Central. That should be even a better game.
The night before we had a huge dinner at the Derryfield Country Club to ship the team off. This football club has more excuses to bbq, eat, celebrate, tailgate than any high school we have seen….very fun.
After we went to ice cream with our friends the Medaris’s who came to watch Chase play. This little, old fashioned shop was darling.
2. The kids spent most of the weekend organizing and prepping hygiene kits that are headed off to Staten Island this week to the disaster. We have hundreds of kits donated and they are coming in like crazy.
People are giving and great everywhere! I love to read the notes they are attaching.
3. This is how Brian felt after the weekend started. He had travelled all week, I walked in from running errands and this is what I saw…..child slave labor.
This was going on in another room a couple of hours later. It almost reduced me to tears knowing that Hillary is leaving now in a matter of weeks to study in China.
4. Saturday night we went out to dinner with the Dr. Doug Goumas and his girlfriend Beth who we adore. Our favorite restaurant is Firefly in Manchester and we ate there twice last week. I love the scallops.
Brian and Doug have done a ton of business together. He is one of Brian’s favorite colleagues. They came to NYC last year on business with us and we had a great weekend with them. We have known Doug for 10 years.
This year we have a couple of weekends planned with them since we often over lap at medical functions.
5. Finally, despite the great weekend weather it was proceeded by a nasty storm last week. We cracked open the snow clothes and it began….snow fell…rain came….not ready for this winter.
But I love this little chick when I pick her up from the bus stop.
6. Finally, yesterday I spent a couple of hours yesterday reporting and training on LDS Public Affairs to five stake presidents at the area meeting that Elder MJ Eyring hosted for New England church leaders as part of my calling in the church. This weekend we have stake conference and I will speak to all of the priesthood leaders in this area on the same topic. I think I have the best job in the church! Very fun and learning a ton of new skills.
Ok I have to get out of bed this morning…and turn off Taylor Swift’s album Red and quit rocking out and get something done today!