My blogging has been sketchy at best. Mostly because my time has been tied up with a million real life competing factors.
I will attempt to highlight a few events!
1. I did a broadcast for Public Television and I was the host for the Witch Way to the 5K run in my town. That was sort of fun being the girl with the microphone.
It is definitely fun interviewing people and hearing their stories.
2. Brian and my son, Chase went to the BYU- Georgia Tech Game in Georgia two weekends ago. As usual, it was a great father-son time! All Chase dreams about right now is BYU Football. I am so glad that finally, Brian has someone to share it with.
3. We voted, but apparently the people spoke and the Mitt Romney crowd was defeated!
My friend, Linda shared this on her blog….and it rang true. This is taken straight from the Book of Mormon which we believe prophesies of our day-
Mosiah 29:26 Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything be contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law—to do your business by the voice of the people.
27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.
Strong language I know…. but you can feel the moral destruction in our country. Moral rights are more of an issue for me than economy and healthcare. How do we raise good children in a land now that doesn’t care about morality?
4. Hillary voted for the first time and blogged about it here on her blog! She is also doing a month of gratitude on there and I love to read what she is thankful for. I am sure the Colbert Report will be on one of the days. Infact ….it is at the top of my list!
5. I have just spent a solid 24 hours and I mean morning until night building a new training website for LDS Public Affairs in North America North East. It was an assignment I had and it was rather tedious, but I think it is going to be a huge databank of resources for those we work with. So far happy with the results!
6. I am mostly feeling grateful and feeling humble today…perhaps because we are so blessed in so many ways! I love the thankful season that surrounds me! I love my children, my husband who is just rock solid and my life….it pure joy and bliss…not to say there are not troubles, because there are…but the joy overshadows the daily strife.