1. Brian can’t get into Manhattan at all for work this week. Airports are still closed and the gridlock of traffic is so bad that the mayor has issued a policy that every car coming in over any of the four east bridges must have a minimum of three people in their car. They are asking people to pick up people on the bridges to take them in because there is no public transportation. He isn’t too keen about that.
He has to be in the city tomorrow morning, so I am may drive in with him with one of the kids and back so he can work. There is no way he can cancel what he has going on. I am not thrilled of this proposal.
2. Hotels are scarce all over the area as well, because the power is still out in Long Island and NJ people are coming into the city to use the hotels for electricity. The transportation chief has said that it is the worst grid lock he has seen in his whole life.
3. I am not sure I could be a more forgetful mother when it comes to school room mother business. Yesterday, school was postpone two hours due to down trees on bus routes and lack of power in some area. Apparently our Halloween party was at 10:30am and not 12:30pm and I missed the whole thing for the third grade. I am one of two mothers who planned the party. Lack of communication was a problem because the other mother lacked power and we didn’t connect with our cell phones. I showed up at 12:30pm with everything and the party was over. I am trying to redeem myself today now.
4. We managed to trick or treat last night and I was sad to see my little kids all but grown up. Hardly anyone wanted to go except Elizabeth. It is so sad being ancient.
5. I ate way to much candy….trying to get them not to eat so much candy. It was a problem for Elizabeth because she hates candy…but I wasn’t so good. Time to hit the gym big time!