After 21 days I am on my way home. I am writing this post from Barcelona where I await my flight to depart…..
What I have learned
1. I could live in Italy or France probably not Spain.
2. Naturally, I love languages and it is not too late to pick up a third one. I find Japanese utterly useless in this neck of the woods, but after 10 days in Italy, I was picking up a few phrases and may just study either French of Italian for fun when I get my act together.
3. I hate the food. I long to have a green smoothies and ditch the decisions breads and odd meats that my skin hates.
4. Traveling with older people people means you walk slower leading to probably a five pound weight gain while I was here. Generally, I lose 4 pounds walking so much. This time, I was on more bus, less trains and moving at a slower rate and the cruise didn’t help either…darn good food. Flip side…I love the people we went with..worth the weight gain.
5. Everyday is a gift. I realize how fortunate my life has been, I feel gratitude for the many life experiences that I have had that have left me fulfilled and satisfied.
6. I love my Dad! Spending 21 days with him at age 74….is just a treat. He left me with a fantastic Father’s blessing this morning. I will ever be grateful for him…I love our friendship.
7. I love my 12 year old son. I had a blast showing him the great capitol cities of the world and speaking mock Italian with him.
8. I am a land person more than a cruise person.
9. I definitely will return again and as much as opportunities present themselves.
10. I miss my peeps at home and can’t wait to see them in a 9 hours. I love my home life routine and managing my little crew. I intend to enjoy the next season of life to the fullest!