5 Things to Know Today
1. My camera damage is only going to cost me $325.00 Hooray. Nothing like flushing down a couple of hundred dollars because you decided to carry sunscreen with you in the same bag.
I am hoping I get it back in the next two weeks in time for my upcoming holiday abroad.
I will be delighted to take photos with quality equipment once again
2. My two older kids aged this week. One is now a legal adult. Hillary turned 18 and that officially makes me very old, Chase turned 15. Yikes- two teenagers aging quickly.
I saw my whole life past by as she blew out the candle on her fruit salad. We didn’t celebrate too big this year since Brian was quickly leaving out of town and it was Sunday so we were booked with the regular meeting worship schedule.
3. Monday, We went to the beach for Hillary’s birthday and couldn’t swim because two sharks were spotted. Drama!
The NH Marine Patrol and helicopters were swarming the area. Otherwise, it was a perfect day, just a little hot without the water.
Her best friend, Amanda joined us for the day. We love that girl!
Last week on Cape Cod a shark followed a kayaker and it made national news. Everyone took the news pretty serious. I yanked the kids out…not taking any risks there. Definitely a birthday to remember.
4. Chase left to a high adventure camp in Maine with his scout troop, so his birthday will be celebrated there. The girls made him a cake and we ate that up and celebrated before he left.
He will be waterskiing, biking and water rafting for the week.
5. Hillary received the VFW scholarship this week. Another nice boost to her college account.
I love our local VFW group, they are the nicest men in town.