1. I picked Hillary up from the airport last night at 11:00pm and by the time I got home
I had the flattest tire ever.
What a way to kick off the day! I refuse to let that bring me down.
Brian is on his way home from Pennsylvania and Baltimore, so guess what? He is on car duty when he returns.
Just one more thing to pay for this week.
2. Hillary had a blast on her trip and now she has to engage in abnormal psychology and earth science all summer as she wa a couple of classes short of the associates degree.
We definitely got a taste of what it is going to be like next January when she is gone and moves to China, even more so as the first payment came out of my checking account yesterday along with her tuition for the quarter last week, but who is thinking about money when you will be living around and in one of the oldest civilizations of the world.
3. I just had to pay $300.00 for Hillary’s harp dolly this week. Bottom line is that we can no longer haul the harp to performances without it.
We should have bought it five years ago. It is just the one thing you don’t want to buy, but a necessity if you play the harp.
On the bright side, Hillary is getting paid now to play the harp and has a performance tonight…so we might see some revenue coming back our way after dishing out thousands for lessons over the years…..payoff time yeah! My advice- play the flute much easier.
4. Chase’s private school tuition payments were just set up to come out starting this week. Yuck…that all seemed fine and dandy until I saw that I could drive two brand new top of the line BMW’s every month with the payment….but who would want to do that…really? And sacrifice your children’s future because of a sports car…said with sarcasm.
5. My 2 years old outdoor BBQ mysteriously decided not to pump out anymore gas this spring right in time for our visitors this Memorial Day weekend. My little brother, Glen’s wife and her oldest son who is 11 will be staying with us. Hence, I will have to replace that, if I want to grill anything this summer.
6. I finally got Brian to rototill my garden, but with it came him rototilling up my sprinkler system.
Hence another call placed to my sprinkler guy to replace the line that went through the garden I just paid to have put in.
I claim responsibility on this one, since I didn’t brief him on the key points of the garden.
As I looked out the window and saw him ready to strangle the black pipe around his neck, I felt sort of bad.
Bri guy has so little free time and then this. I just had paid 150.00 for the drip hoses for my garden boxes and now had to pay 50.00 to have it replaced again
Where I am saving money and this is sort of sad.
7. My younger kids are trying to do everything in their power to get me to buy this yellow lab costing upwards of nearly a thousand.
We are not pet people because of our travel schedule. My poor kids hearts were broken yesterday and I have to admit, I almost bought it until I placed the call to their father, who immediately said No. It is all his fault Blame it on dad.
PS this is not my house in the background….but when I looked at the door of the pet owners trashed because of the dogs, I realized that my house would become worse with a pet- the door and furniture of these pet sellers were destroyed.
8. I managed to salvage my three year old dishwasher, when a fork caught the rubber around the edges and ripped it all off when it opened by accident of course, right after my BBQ wouldn’t start. We managed to get it resealed and it is working like a charm.
What’s next this week? This is why it is important to have an emergency fund, which will always be spent on many emergencies and it seems that they come in waves…all at one time.
Smile and press forward that is all you can do!